WANT TO JOIN?
All prospective Sea Cadets must be willing on all points:
* Between the ages of 13-17 years of age (League Cadets must be between ages 10-13)
* Pass a basic medical exam**
* Be actively engaged in an age and grade appropriate educational program
* Have parental consent and commitment
* Possess good moral character
* Stay drug free
* Actively interested to participate in the program
* Prepared to attend drills regularly
* Prepared to become physically active
* Put forth effort to advance in the program
* Recognize and respect persons in authority
**A medical examination similar to a high school sports physical is required for all cadet applicants to the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC). No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full, unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation (NSCADM 015) may be presented by parent or guardian for review so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible. Adult applicants must be in good health commensurate with their age group and be free from any ailment or condition that would prevent them from satisfactorily performing their primary duty of supervising youth. NOTE: Adults not physically qualified to perform all duties may still participate with a waiver from NHQ considering the parameters of their expected contributions to the NSCC program.
The fee structure for this unit is $240.00 for the first year and $175.00 for subsequent years. This fee is the ONLY way the unit generates money. The money goes to purchasing awards, office materials and uniforms. No adult leader receives any monetary benefit from this program. They purchase their own uniforms and provide their time at no cost to the unit.
All uniforms are provided for each cadet and specific uniforms are issued depending on the season. Renewal fees are due within the last month of the cadet's current membership. Failure to renew on-time may result in the full $240.00 to re-enroll.
To request more information about our squadron or joining the program:
Contact the Commanding Officer
You can also request more information with this form: